Warning: before proceeding to the installation, please configure the Smart Thermostat first.
These instruction should be followed non only for a new installation, but also when replacing your old thermostat.
1. Remove power from the generator (recommended: remove power from the whole house);
2. Check the power failure (in case of lack of appropriate instrumentation, disconnect the main generator);
3. Disassemble the previous thermostat and remember to take a picture of the connections present and mark the wires:
The Smart Thermostat mounts a relay to enable the management of a dry contact TA (without potential difference) of the generator.
Identifies the 2 pole wires relating to the generator contact: they are marked as COM for the common and NO (or NO) for the normally open contact (or NC for the normally closed contact).
The Smart Thermostat works on batteries, so no cables should be connected to power the device. If there were cables to power the previous thermostat, insulate them.
4. Attach the back cover of the Smart Thermostat to the wall:
|WARNING: DO NOT TOUCH THE ELECTRIC WIRES - CHECK THE DISCONNECTION OF THE POWER SUPPLY.|
The cover has 2 holes for installation on the 3-module electrical box.
5. Connect the 2 electrical wires according to the illustrations shown and the configuration on the generator:
Pass the wires through the upper slot of the cover: then insert the cables into the relative cable glands and secure them with the fixing screws.
The common electrical wire must be connected to the COM terminal, number 1 of the Smart Thermostat. Check the type of contact on the generator that provides for the connection of the room thermostat: if normally open, connect the second cable to the NO terminal (number 2) or if normally closed, connect it to the NC terminal (number 3).
6. Attach the Smart Thermostat to the back cover.
Pay attention to the correct connection of the contacts with the metal forks.
7. Restore power to the generator (or to the entire house, depending on the choice made previously);
WARNING: the Smart Thermostat can also be fixed to the wall without connecting the wires. In this case, it will not communicate directly with the boiler via relay, however the basic features will still be active (temperature measurement, humidity and air quality of the house).