- the IRSAP NOW system works by keeping the temperature as close as possible to the setpoint and specifically in the range of ±1°C (hysteresis)
- a temperature rise of more than 1°C may occur due to e.g. the size of the radiator, thermal inertia or other factors, such as the position of the radiator in the room or the installation of the Smart valve in a recess.
However, an abnormal exceeding of the set temperature beyond +1°C can be caused by the following:
- dead batteries
- non-compatible hydraulic valves / missing or wrong adapter
- incorrect installation
In each of the 3 cases, the plunger inside the Smart Valve does not close the hydraulic valve correctly, so it remains open. If the hot water flow inside the radiator is not interrupted, it will keep on heating up the room and the temperature will continue to rise.
1. DEAD BATTERIES
Find instructions on how to REPLACE BATTERIES here.
2. NON_COMPATIBLE HYDRAULIC VALVES / MISSING OR WRONG ADAPTER
Smart Valves are generally compatible with hydraulic valves with M30x1.5 pitch, other valves may require an adapter.
Check the article SMART VALVE COMPATIBILITY, and find out if the hydraulic valves in your radiators are compatible, require an adapter and -if so- which one.
C. INCORRECT INSTALLATION
In this case, try to
- Remove the valve
- Remove the batteries to turn the valve off, and insert them again to turn it back on
- Reinstall the Smart Valve, making sure that the plunger is completely inside its housing, otherwise it will act as an obstruction.
Haven't solved the problem? Contact Technical Support and provide a photo of the hydraulic valves on which you are experiencing the problem.